Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Review: EOS Shave Cream

EOS Shave Cream (Pomegranate Raspberry)


Pros:

• Leaves your skin feeling silky-smooth
• Helps give a close shave
• Moisturizing
• Paraben-free

Cons:

• Not the best choice for those with sensitive skin
• Causes some irritation when shaving dry
• Artificial smell

Overall Rating





About EOS Shave Cream


EOS Shaving Cream is a non-foaming shaving cream that is infused with natural aloe, oat, shea butter, and antioxidant vitamins E & C. It is paraben-free, pthalate-free and cruelty free. The aloe and oat extracts are to help prevent nicks and razor bumps, and you're even supposed to be able to shave wet or dry when you use this product.


Although the bottle says this product is paraben-free with natural aloe and shea butter, it is not a natural product. This product contains glycerin, fragrance and other ingredients that may be an allergy concern for some. I would suggest reading the entire ingredient list, and maybe doing a spot test before using it on your entire leg. 



Ingredients: 



Water (Eau), Mineral Oil (Huile Minérale), Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Gluconolactone, Triethanolamine, Cetyl alcohol, Petrolatum, Sodium Benzoate, Dimethicone, Glycol Stearate, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Red 40 (CI16035), Yellow 6 (CI15985).


How Well Does It Work?


EOS Shaving Cream provides a nice coat that creates an ample shave barrier between my razor and my skin. There wasn’t much of a lather to this product, but I still felt that it protected my skin from nicks, cuts, and razor irritation. I really didn't need that much product to get a good shave with this. I generally use one pump for my lower leg and one pump for my thighs, and I never have to use more than three pumps when shaving my legs. If you only apply a thin layer of this product like you're supposed to, it will give you a smooth, close shave without clogging up your razor. I was able to shave dry with this product somewhat successfully, although not without some irritation. In the shower it gave me seriously smooth skin and left my skin feeling moisturized. With that being said, I would not recommend using this dry unless it is absolutely necessary.


Consistency: EOS Shaving Cream doesn't foam like most shaving creams. Instead it's like a thick and creamy lotion. The texture of this shaving cream is a huge difference if you're used to thick gels or foams. Even though it comes out like a thick lotion, it starts to thin out once you apply it and rub it into your skin. If you normally use those thick gels and foams, it may take some getting used to the viscosity of this shaving cream.



Packaging: EOS Shaving Cream comes in a durable, recyclable, 7 oz. bottle with an easy to use dispensing pump. The dispensing pump can be locked and there is even a cap that covers the pump, making this an acceptable product to take with you when traveling. I think the bottle is very stylish and I love how it doesn't leave a rust ring in the shower or on counter-tops. 


You can buy this shaving cream for about $4 at Target, or you can find it on Amazon for around $7.


This review is in compliance with the FTC Guidelines. All opinions are completely my own, 100% honest and unbiased, and based solely on my own experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment